Pages

08 November 2011

Tombstone Tuesday: Fannie Knecht

Tombstone Fanny C Fricks Knecht wife of Martin Knecht

After I left the Bethel Presbyterian Church Cemetery I visited Pleasant Ridge Baptist Church on Oconee Station Road. I found several grave sites in the cemetery adjacent to the church including this one for my great-great-great grandmother Frances C. Fricks Knecht, aka Fannie. She was the wife of Martin A. Knecht [aka A. Martin] who came to America in 1852 from Hessen, Darmstadt. He registered his intent to naturalize and renounced all ties to his home country. When the Civil War broke out, he enlisted in the Confederate Army for the duration of the war. He preceded her in death by 52 years. 

1 comment:

  1. Anonymous21 June, 2013

    martin knecht is my great great grandfather, my grand father was joe L. knecht of south carolina......im joe knecht of ambridge pa my dad is john b knecht in georgia.... i am in ireland now and plan on going over to darmstadt my email is
    joeydknecht@hotmail.com

    ReplyDelete