Pages

14 January 2014

Old Pickens Presbyterian Church


Old Pickens Presbyterian Church became the final, final resting place for Jeremiah Hubbard and someone who is presumably his wife. The graves were moved together with three more Hubbard graves from the Hunnicutt Cemetery, Oconee County, SC by Duke Energy during the creation of Lake Keowee and the Oconee Nuclear Station. These stones and a few other notations are pretty much all that I have been able to find so far. I think that communication with Duke Energy's archivist is in my near future. Perhaps there will be more information in their archive than I have found in the Oconee County Cemetery Surveys and the small bound collection of correspondence with Duke I found at Central Wesleyan University's archive.

I think that Jeremiah is the father of Zachariah Hubbard. I have a number of documents that lead me to think so, mostly land deeds, but none that states positively that Jeremiah Hubbard had a son named Zachariah. More to come on Jeremiah, his wife and those three other graves.

No comments:

Post a Comment